If you work online, in the software or app space you will most likely have to make or commission a simple product explainer video. You know the kind I mean – the short 60-90 second (or better yet shorter) intro video. I’ve been told you have less than 15 seconds to grab someone’s attention online, which means the intro scene needs a lot of thought.
Here’s my basic outline that should work for any explainer video:
- Establish the product (DropBox) OR introduce a charter (Meet JIM)
- Say what you do or expose the problem you solve
- Explain how you solve (USPs)
- Show 3-5 benefits (not features)
- Tell the audience what to do next
More key tips on the way.